Pistachio Poinsettia Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 30 Min
At holiday time we're bound to see lots and lots of bright red poinsettias. They sure say "Merry Christmas!" So when it comes to our holiday desserts, wouldn't it be nice to serve one that's just as inviting? Well, here it is!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 (4-serving size) packages instant pistachio pudding and pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 large red gumdrops
- 1 large green gumdrop
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with cooking spray, then flour.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, 2 packages pudding mix, 1/2 cup milk, oil, and water until smooth. Beat in eggs until well combined. Pour equally into cake pans and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely. In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream and remaining 1 cup milk and package of pudding mix until thickened.
- Frost cake. Sprinkle coconut evenly over top and sides. Sprinkle a cutting board with sugar then place gumdrops on top.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each gumdrop to a 3-inch circle, pressing flattened gumdrops into sugar as they become sticky. Using a knife, cut poinsettia leaves out of red gumdrops and stems out of green gumdrop. Form a poinsettia in center of the cake. Cover loosely and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You only need five minutes to make this homemade Chinese recipe taste take-out worthy, so grab your wok (or a skillet!) and some fresh ingredients and get ready to impress your whole family. One taste and you'll never order Chinese take-out again!
- The Ultimate Dirt Cake
- Lemon Chiffon Angel Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 15 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Buttercream Frosting
- 27 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- The Ultimate Hummingbird Cake
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Spring Fling Layered Cake
- Chocolate Fantasy
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes