Pumpkin Layer Cake
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 20 Min
Once you've tried this Pumpkin Layer Cake, you'll agree that pumpkin isn't just for Halloween. It's so special, you'll want to make it all year long.
What You'll Need:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
cup canned 100% pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
teaspoon ground nutmeg
cup chopped walnuts plus extra for garnish
- 1 1/4
cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened
teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, 1 cup granulated sugar, the pumpkin, lemon juice, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt; mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle 1/2 cup walnuts over batter. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle a dish towel with 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar. Run a knife around edge of baking sheet to loosen baked cake, invert cake onto towel, and let it cool slightly. Remove baking sheet then allow cake to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place remaining confectioners' sugar, the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl; beat until smooth.
- Cut cake crosswise into thirds, turning pieces nut-side up. Spread filling onto each of the 3 pieces of cake, dividing it evenly. Sprinkle a little granulated sugar on a serving tray (to keep cake from sticking). Place one layer on prepared tray then stack remaining layers over it. Sprinkle extra walnuts on top. Chill, then slice.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
10 27 13
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Sip on our Best Strawberry Daiquiris, close your eyes, and imagine yourself cruising the Caribbean aboard a fabulous ship without a care in the world -- it's kinda like magic!