Pumpkin Layer Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Once you've tried this Pumpkin Layer Cake, you'll agree that pumpkin recipes aren't just for Halloween. It's so special, you'll want to make it all year long. This pumpkin cake recipe is made from scratch, so you know you're making something you can be truly proud of. Feel free to pair it with your favorite pumpkin drink for a fall meal you're never going to forget.
What You'll Need:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2/3 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts plus extra for garnish
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, 1 cup granulated sugar, the pumpkin, lemon juice, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt; mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle 1/2 cup walnuts over batter. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle a dish towel with 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar. Run a knife around edge of baking sheet to loosen baked cake, invert cake onto towel, and let it cool slightly. Remove baking sheet then allow cake to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place remaining confectioners' sugar, the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl; beat until smooth.
- Cut cake crosswise into thirds, turning pieces nut-side up. Spread filling onto each of the 3 pieces of cake, dividing it evenly. Sprinkle a little granulated sugar on a serving tray (to keep cake from sticking). Place one layer on prepared tray then stack remaining layers over it. Sprinkle extra walnuts on top. Chill, then slice.
Need more great fall dishes like this fabulous pumpkin cake recipe? You'll find plenty more in our collection of 30 Perfect Pumpkin Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.