Slumber Party Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Make this cake for the next slumber party at your house, and you're sure to be a hit with the kiddies! It's easy to decorate, so do your own thing and be sure to add as many sleeping Twinkie bodies as you have at your slumber party!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 4 drops green food color
- 2 (16-ounce) containers cream cheese frosting
- 5 Twinkies (see Note)
- 5 large marshmallows, flattened to 1-1/2
- 5 vanilla or chocolate flavored wafers
- Assorted decorative icing or gel and decorative sprinkles
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 1 cup cake batter in a small bowl and stir in 1/8 teaspoon green food color; mix well. Pour remaining batter into baking pan. Drop colored batter by spoonfuls into batter in baking pan and swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect. Bake according to package directions. Cool completely then invert onto a serving platter.
- In a medium bowl, combine one container of frosting with remaining 4 drops green food color; mix well. Lightly frost entire cake with green frosting then heavily frost top one-third of cake lengthwise with remaining green frosting.
- Cut Twinkies in half lengthwise and place top halves on lightly frosted cake section, slightly overlapping heavily frosted section. Frost Twinkies and bottom two-thirds and sides of cake with remaining container of cream cheese frosting to look like a blanket that covers the Twinkies (the "bodies").
- Place a flattened marshmallow to look like a pillow above each Twinkie on green frosted part of the cake. Decorate wafers with decorative icing to make hair, eyes, and mouths. Attach decorated wafers to marshmallow pillows with leftover frosting.
- Using decorative icing, make a ruffle around edges of blanket. Sprinkle blanket with decorative sprinkles; serve. (If making ahead of time, place toothpicks in corners and lightly cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.)
Use more or fewer Twinkies on your cake, depending on how many slumbering guests will be attending your slumber party!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Make room burritos, 'cause there's a new contender in town, and they're going by the name of Tex-Mex Hand Pies! These creamy hand pies are stuffed full of Tex-Mex favorites like salsa, chicken and lots of creamy cheese. You're going to wish you had more hands.