We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When a Mr. Food viewer shared this unusual recipe for Un-Beet-Able Cake, we thought it was a mistake that there were beets in it. But our test kitchen gave it a try, and we're so glad they did, 'cause it's, well, un-beet-ably moist and tasty!
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can beets, drained and chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat all ingredients except walnuts until well combined. Stir in walnuts, then pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan on a wire rack. Serve, or cover until ready to serve.
Frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!
- Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 17 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- 33 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- The Ultimate German Chocolate Cake
- Cold Fudge Cake
- Quick Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Apple-Filled Pound Cake
- Chocolate Surprise Cake