Chicken Thighs Cacciatore
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
Chicken thighs have to be one of the best values at our meat counter. Team them with saucy Italian flavors and a bit of red wine, and get ready for some really good eating. Don't forget the crusty bread for dunking!
What You'll Need:
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned, if desired
teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
What To Do:
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large deep skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat for 3 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet then saute onion and garlic until tender.
- Return chicken to skillet; add wine and tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer 10 more minutes then serve topped with sauce.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES