Red Carpet Chicken Cordon Bleu
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't have to wait for the Academy Awards to roll out the red carpet for your family. They'll feel like VIP's once they taste this elegant easy Red Carpet Chicken Cordon Bleu.
What You'll Need:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/4 pounds total), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices (4 ounces) Swiss cheese
- 4 slices (1/4 pound) deli ham
- Cooking spray
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a shallow dish, beat the egg. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each chicken breast; roll up and secure each breast with a toothpick. Dip in egg then in bread crumbs, coating completely. Place chicken roll-ups in prepared baking dish, then coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken and coating is golden. Remove toothpicks before serving.
We served these with a side of yummy creamed spinach, and everyone was a winner!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.