We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Rich and tasty Beefy Chili is one hearty meal. Top with cheese and serve with a big hunk of cornbread for a dish sure to satisfy.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 pounds lean boneless beef chuck roast, well-trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper sauce (like Tabasco®)
- 3 cups water
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
What To Do:
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; add beef and cook 5 minutes. Drain off liquid. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until beef is browned on all sides and onion is tender.
Add chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper sauce; stir and cook 1 minute. Add water and chilies and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid and simmer 45 more minutes, or until beef is fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
Serve over rice and garnish with chopped onions, shredded cheese, and sour cream, if desired.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad that's tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises is sure to be one of your favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties!