Grandma's Dressed Up Molasses Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Connie, from Mobile, Alabama was given the original molasses cookies recipe from her Grandma and over the years. has tweaked it a bit to be a little more "dressed up." She makes them every year around the holidays!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 3/4 pound vanilla-flavored coating
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, melt shortening over low heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Once cooled, add sugar, molasses, and eggs, beating well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Add dry ingredients to shortening mixture all at once and stir until well combined. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place turbinado sugar in a shallow bowl. Form dough into walnut-sized balls, roll in sugar, and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until slightly browned around the edges and slightly soft in the middle. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt vanilla-flavored coating according to package directions. Dip cookies halfway into melted chocolate; shake off excess and place on wax paper-lined baking sheets to set.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 10 Easy Cookie Bar Recipes
- No-Bake Cookie Clusters
- How to Make Cake Cookies: 16 Recipes for Cake Mix Cookies
- Cake Mix Cookies
- 12 Days of Christmas Cookies II: More Festive Christmas Cookie Recipes You'll Love
- Zucchini Chip Cookies
- Famous Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cake Mix Snickerdoodles
- Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes
- Magic Microwave Cookies