Beet and Bean Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pickled beets play a starring role in this hearty salad that will add novelty to your side-dish routine. Colorful veggies are known to be antioxidant-rich, so enjoy the tasty rainbow in every nutritious bite!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) jar sliced pickled beets, drained with 1/2 cup liquid reserved
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) package Italian blend salad mix
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits or cokked, crumbled bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the drained beets and beans, the salad mix, celery, and onion; mix gently but thoroughly.
- In a small saucepan, combine the reserved beet liquid, the pesto, bacon, and pepper. Heat over medium heat until warmed through but not boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Pour pesto dressing over salad mixture; mix gently but thoroughly. Serve immediately.
Microwave Directions: In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, combine the reserved beet liquid, the pesto, bacon, and pepper. Heat on High 1 minute, or until warm, stirring once during heating.
Recipe courtesy of Seneca Foods Corporation
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
With our recipe for 1 Minute Cinnamon Bun you can enjoy a cinnamon bun for breakfast, dessert, or anytime you want! All you need is a microwave, some easy ingredients from your pantry, and your favorite mug. Before you know it, you'll be enjoying a cinnamon bun that's all your own.