Mexican Ice Cream Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This popular Tex-Mex style ice cream is usually deep fried. Our easier version of Mexican Ice Cream Balls eliminates that messy task, and leaves you with that same delicious creamy, crunchy result.
What You'll Need:
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 2 1/2 cups frosted corn flakes cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
What To Do:
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper. With a large spoon or an ice cream scoop, form eight ice cream balls, each about 2-1/2 inches in diameter. Place on baking sheet then place in freezer for about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, coat another rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except the honey; mix well and spread on baking sheet. Bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to a shallow dish and allow to cool completely.
- Line another rimmed baking sheet with wax paper. Remove ice cream balls from freezer and roll in cereal mixture, coating on all sides. Place on baking sheet and freeze 2 to 3 hours, or until ice cream is firm. Drizzle with honey before serving.
- For an extra special touch, serve the ice cream balls in sundae glasses, each topped with caramel sauce, whipped cream, and a cherry.
- To make these lighter, reduced-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt will work just as well and, the way the coating is done, it'll still taste like it's been deep fried. Mmm mmm!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Okay, so you won't find any lettuce in this BLT Macaroni Salad, but we have put in extra-green and flavorful baby spinach. We think it gives this macaroni salad recipe a tasty new twist! Serve it to your gang and see how much they'll love it!