We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No one will believe you made our easy Banana Bungalow cake yourself! This eye-catcher looks as good as it tastes! Boasting a delicious combo of chocolate, bananas and whipped topping, this one is pure fun to make and eat!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, prepared according to the package directions
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 large bananas, peeled
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet or jelly roll pan with cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Pour prepared cake batter into pan and bake 22 to 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool then invert onto a large platter. Trim 1/8 inch off edges all around cake then cut crosswise into 3 equal sections, each measuring 5 inches x 10 inches, and leave in place.
- Reserve 1 cup whipped topping for frosting. Spread some remaining whipped topping over middle section of cake, completely covering it. Lay 2 bananas parallel to each other over whipped topping. Spoon more whipped topping over bananas then place third banana on top. Cover with remaining whipped topping.
- Gently bring up 2 side pieces of cake from outer edges to form bungalow roof. Frost cake with reserved whipped topping then grate cake trimmings over whipped topping to garnish.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour then slice and serve.
Unusual desserts are really eye-catching and so much fun to serve to your crowd! Here's another one we think you'll love: Chocolate-Laced Fruit Kebabs will be a refreshing hit!
- Want even more tasty cake mix recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!
- Tutti Frutti Dessert Pizza
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- Buttercream Frosting
- 42 Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Whipped Cream Desserts: 35 Whipping Cream Recipes
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Death by Chocolate
- Apple Fritters
- Apple Strudel
- Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix