We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know that babka is a traditional Easter dessert served in Eastern Europe? This particular recipe uses cinnamon and walnuts to add flavor. Bake up this tasty babka cake the next time you want to try a made-from-scratch baked good.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, the milk, and salt over medium heat until the mixture is steaming but not boiling.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool until lukewarm. Add the yeast and let sit for 3 to 4 minutes, until foamy. Add the egg; mix well.
- Place 3 cups flour in a large bowl, then add the milk mixture and stir just until moistened. Add the oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla; mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Dust a clean countertop with 2 tablespoons flour. Knead the dough on the floured surface for 3 to 5 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Shape the dough into a ball and place in a large bowl that has been coated with baking spray. Spray the top of the dough with baking spray, cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place for 2 hours, or until doubled in size.
- Flour a clean flat surface with 2 tablespoons flour. Punch down the dough and place on the floured surface, then shape the dough to about 8- x 12-inches. Brush with the melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle over the top of the dough, then sprinkle with the walnuts. Roll up the dough jelly roll fashion and place seam side down in a Bundt pan that has been coated with baking spray.
- Overlap the ends and pinch them together, forming a solid ring. Spray the dough with baking spray. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Uncover the pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon water, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, and the confectioners' sugar. Drizzle over the top of the babka while still warm. Serve warm or allow to cool, then serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a lover of crispy-crunchy snacks, then you're really going to enjoy this recipe for Crispy Green Bean Fries. Lightly-breaded green beans are baked until they're perfectly crispy, so you can enjoy healthier and yummier snacking.