We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Caramel Frosting?! Yup! We know we're used to chocolate, vanilla, and buttercream frostings, but why not go for a change this time...a surprising, delicious one.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups (1/2 pound) confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar and bring to a boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add milk, then return mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add confectioners' sugar and stir until smooth.
This is perfect for topping cakes and cupcakes. Why, we've even used it on store-bought pound cakes. Our gang thinks we make the whole thing from scratch. We won't tell if you won't!
- Want even more frosting recipes? Check out our collection of Homemade Frosting Recipes: 14 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Fancy Strawberry Mousse
- Hotel Rice Pudding
- Buttercream Frosting
- 35 Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- German Chocolate Snack Cake
- Fast Strawberry Cobbler
- Fluffy Pudding Frosting
- No Bake Desserts: 18 Easy Dessert Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
- 44 Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts