Country Style Apple Crisp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Country Style Apple Crisp will make you want to grab a basket full of apples and head straight to the kitchen. We combined the classic flavors of apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg with some surprisingly good additions (corn bread stuffing!) to make this an unforgettable apple crisp recipe.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 8 Granny Smith or other cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the stuffing, butter, orange rind, nuts, spices, and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix the sliced apples, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, and water.
- Pour apple mixture into a greased 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Spread crumb mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are fork tender and juices are bubbly. Serve warm or cold.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Pistachio Banana Wedges
- Butterscotch Yule Log Slices
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- Buttercream Frosting
- Overnight Stuffed Donuts
- Whipped Cream Desserts: 35 Whipping Cream Recipes
- 60 Freeze-Ahead Desserts for the Holidays
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes: 14 Recipes Using Condensed Milk
- "That Cherry Stuff"
- Hummingbird Muffins