Country Style Apple Crisp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Couldn't resist that basket of beautiful apples? Well, here's an idea for using the extras. It's good hot or cold: plain, with ice cream, as a side dish for ham, poultry, or pork chops, or any way you like it. Our favorite way? With ice cream, naturally, although whipped cream is up there in the voting, too!
What You'll Need:
- 1 package (8 ounces) corn bread stuffing
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 4 1/2 pounds Granny Smith or other cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the stuffing, butter, orange rind, nuts, spices, and 1/3 cup of the sugar. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix the sliced apples, remaining 2/3 cup sugar, and water.
- Pour apple mixture into a greased 9- x 13-inch baking pan. Spread crumb mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are easily pierced and juices are bubbly. Serve warm or cold.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.