Blue Watermelon Walnut Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
Blue Watermelon Walnut Salad is a healthy salad that tastes awesome! A bed of fresh baby greens tossed with crunchy walnuts, crumbled blue cheese and an exciting array of fresh fruit, including lycopene-rich watermelon, makes it easy to eat smart.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup walnut pieces or halves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 3 or 4 ounces fresh baby greens
- 2 seedless oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 4 cups seedless watermelon cubes
- 2 cups seedless grapes, halved
- 2 cups fresh, trimmed and sliced strawberries
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
What To Do:
- Heat walnuts in a seasoned wok or heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat for 1 minute; stir in sugar and soy sauce. Adjust heat to prevent burning while constantly stirring nuts until sugar melts. Continue to stir and cook until mixture begins to get sticky. Spread nuts over a sheet of waxed or parchment paper, and cool. Break apart into small pieces and crumble; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat vinegar over medium heat then stir in sugar. Continue to stir and adjust heat to bring mixture to a simmer. Add rosemary sprig to pan. Continue to simmer until contents of pan reduces by half its original volume; set aside.
Divide greens among 6 salad plates and arrange orange sections, watermelon, grapes, and strawberries over greens. Drizzle balsamic syrup over fruit and sprinkle with cheese crumbles. Top with candied walnut pieces, and serve.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!