Caramel Pecan French Toast
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
- READY IN
- 40 Min
This is no ordinary French Toast! Create a cozy Bed and Breakfast-inspired dish, with our sweet 'n' crunchy Caramel Pecan French Toast! No matter when you serve it, for breakfast or brunch, it is a rave-getter!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup brown sugar
cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 12 slices Italian-style or any hearty bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CARAMEL SAUCE
cup brown sugar
cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
What To Do:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup until thickened, stirring constantly. Pour sauce into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans.
- Place 6 slices of bread in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining pecans and cover with remaining bread slices.
- In a blender, combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake French toast 40 to 45 minutes, or until egg mixture is firm and golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine Caramel Sauce ingredients. Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Serve with French toast.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
05 29 13