Fusilli with Sausage and Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Twist and shout! You'll be dancin' the night away after trying our corkscrew pasta dinner recipe for Fusilli with Sausage and Peppers. We've added some Italian sausage and a few veggies to really give this pasta dish a pop of flavor. We love cooking with fusilli noodles 'cause all of those twists and turns really catch hold of the sauce, allowing us to taste all of the flavors of the dish at once.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16 ounce) package fusilli, uncooked
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 3/4 cups Italian herb-seasoned chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard sausage casings. Cook sausage and next 3 ingredients in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well; return sausage mixture to skillet. Stir in broth; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often.
- Spoon sausage mixture over pasta; sprinkle with cheese, and serve immediately.
Fusilli is a spiral shaped pasta-similar to a corkscrew. The Italian translation actually means "twists." This pasta also goes well with thick sauces.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll experience pure bliss after just one bite of our Cranberry Bliss Bread. This homemade cranberry nut bread is so special-tasting, you might want to make a few loaves at a time to share with loved ones (it's a great homemade gift for the holidays!). When you're ready to enjoy your own, slather on some butter and let the goodness sink in!