Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Baked Smashed Potato Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr
When company is coming for the winter holidays, we like to go all out. Our Baked Smashed Potato Casserole is a super change of pace from traditional mashed potatoes. Made with red potatoes and topped with a flavorful cheesy crust, this will add excitement to Thanksgiving or Christmas entertaining.
What You'll Need:
- 6 red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese
- Paprika for garnish
What To Do:
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, celery, and red pepper until tender; set aside.
- Add butter and half and half to the potatoes; mash together. Add sautéed vegetables, then season mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spread remaining tablespoon of olive oil in an 8-inch square casserole dish. Spoon mashed potatoes into the dish and sprinkle with Asiago cheese and paprika. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Did you know that Idaho grows over 25 varieties of potatoes, including the red-skinned type used in this recipe?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.