Potato and Cheese Snowballs
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
Get a scrumptious, crunchy-cheesy fast food taste at home with Potato and Cheese Snowballs! This is truly a recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
What You'll Need:
6 tablespoons (3/4-stick) butter, divided
1 (30-ounce) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the potatoes, and cook, turning frequently, for 12 to 15 minutes, until browned. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter then add the onions and garlic; saute the onions and garlic until golden, being careful not to burn. Stir the onions and garlic into the potatoes. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the potatoes into 12 equal-sized scoops, packing tightly, and place the scoops on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until browned and heated through.
These are great served right away, or they can be cooled, covered, and refrigerated overnight to serve for brunch or with dinner the next day. Just reheat in a 300 degrees F. oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until heated through.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
01 13 14