Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Shredded Sweet Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These don't look like the traditional sweet potatoes most of us remember. But they're exciting and tasty...so good that you're gonna be makin' 'em this way on a regular basis!
What You'll Need:
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup sugar (see Note)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup (1/2-stick) butter
- 1 cup pineapple juice
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Add enough ice water to just cover potatoes and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter and pineapple juice until butter is melted.
- Drain potatoes well and place in baking dish. Pour sugar mixture over potatoes and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring halfway through baking.
If you prefer your potatoes a little less sweet, cut back on the sugar. The amount of sweetness is up to you.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Homemade soup that's this hearty is simply irresistible! Between the rich tomato broth and the cheese-filled pasta it's hard not to fall in love with Mama Mia's Tortellini Soup. So, grab your favorite bowl and your soup spoon, 'cause this soup recipe is sure to please!