Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Southwest Rice Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Add a bit of color and crunch to any meal with our simple Southwest Rice Salad recipe. Using flavors commonly found in the southwestern part of the country, this rice salad has a bit more "pop" than your average rice salad recipe. And if you've never made rice salad before, boy are you missing out! Making a great addition to a family dinner or the perfect potluck dish, this recipe sure is versatile.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth), cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper (about 1 medium-sized pepper)
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper (about 1 medium-sized pepper)
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, hot pepper sauce, garlic, salt, and white pepper; mix well. Add the remaining ingredients, and toss lightly.
- Makes about 3-1/2 cups.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bake up a little bit of fall flavor with our recipe for Upside Down Pear Cake. This cake is beautiful enough to serve for any special occasion, and easy enough to make when you've got cravings for fall favorites. It's got an ooey-gooey and crunchy topping that's unbelievably good!