Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Southwest Rice Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Add a bit of color and crunch to any meal with our simple Southwest Rice Salad recipe. Using flavors commonly found in the southwestern part of the country, this rice salad has a bit more "pop" than your average rice salad recipe. And if you've never made rice salad before, boy are you missing out! Making a great addition to a family dinner or the perfect potluck dish, this recipe sure is versatile.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth), cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper (about 1 medium-sized pepper)
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper (about 1 medium-sized pepper)
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, hot pepper sauce, garlic, salt, and white pepper; mix well. Add the remaining ingredients, and toss lightly.
- Makes about 3-1/2 cups.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We pan fry our cauliflower in a seasoned mixture of breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to give it a rich and nutty taste that makes this veggie irresistible. Serve your family our Parmesan Crusted Cauliflower, and you'll be surprised at how fast they'll eat eat it up!