Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've got a hankerin' for a hearty side dish and just can't make up your mind whether to make rice or veggies, this easy-to-make go-along (with the bonus of healthy zucchini) has it covered! Who said it's tough to get 'em to eat their veggies?
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks (see Options)
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 cups uncooked fine egg noodles
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix with seasoning packet
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and onion, and saute 6 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add noodles to skillet and cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed.
We call for zucchini here, but just about any fresh vegetable can be chopped and added to the dish, depending upon what you have in the veggie bin.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This dessert is sure to create a lot of "buzz" with your gang! Our German Bee Sting cake is based on the traditional German "Bienenstich," which is basically a honey-glazed cake with a layer of creamy vanilla custard. One bite and you'll understand what makes this cake so buzz-worthy.