Honey Bacon Barbecue Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mmm! There's nothing like a homemade barbecue sauce that you put together with ingredients you have on hand. And this one has the flavor bonus you can only get from bacon!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large pot, cook bacon 5 to 6 minutes over medium-high heat, or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 40 to 45 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Serve warm.
- This is great served over meat or poultry.
- For more fantastic sauce recipes, check out our collection of Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!