The All-American Grilled Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We can't think of too many foods that are more American than a grilled cheese sandwich. Our All-American Grilled Cheese is a time-honored tradition in many households. Whether you're preparing an easy sandwich recipe for a quiet weekend lunch, or you need to feed a guaranteed winner for the kids and their friends, this simple lunch recipe is surely a keeper.
What You'll Need:
- 8 slices American cheese
- 16 slices cooked crisp bacon
- 8 slices white bread
- 8 slices Colby cheese
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
What To Do:
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Distribute the American cheese and bacon equally over 4 slices of bread. Place the Colby Cheese over the bacon, then top with the remaining slices of bread. Spread butter evenly over the top and bottom of each sandwich.
- Cook sandwiches, in batches if necessary, 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden and the cheeses are melted. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!