Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everything about these Old-Fashioned Patty Melts is perfect, from the beef patty smothered in cheesy, oniony goodness, to the toasted and buttery rye bread. This sandwich is sure to have you saying "Ooh, it's so GOUDA!"
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 4 slices rye bread
- 4 slices Gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
What To Do:
- In a large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter; saute onion 6 to 8 minutes, or until it starts to brown. Remove to a bowl and cover.
- Shape beef into 2 oval patties; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, cook patties 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until no longer pink in center. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Spread remaining butter over one side of each slice of bread. Place in skillet buttered side down, and toast until lightly browned.
- To assemble a sandwich, place a slice of cheese on a piece of toast, top with a beef patty, half the onion slices, and half the salad dressing. Top with another slice of cheese and piece of toast; repeat with second sandwich, then serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe will really make you wanna shake your maracas! These pan-fried Shrimp Chimichangas will have your taste buds partying, making them perfect for any fiesta. And once you taste the sauce you'll want to put it on practically everything!