Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 20 Min
Take your tastebuds to the diner, and cook up our flavorful Old-Fashioned Patty Melts. You want comfort? These deliver them in no time!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
pound ground beef
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 4 slices rye bread
- 4 slices American cheese
cup Thousand Island salad dressing
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; saute onion 6 to 8 minutes, or until it starts to brown. Remove to a bowl and cover.
- Shape beef into 2 oval patties; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. In the same skillet over medium heat, cook patties 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until no longer pink in center. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Spread remaining butter over one side of each slice of bread. Place in skillet buttered side down, and toast until lightly browned.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on 2 slices of toast, top each with a beef patty, half the onion slices, and salad dressing. Top with remaining toast and serve immediately.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES