- COOK TIME
- 7 Hr
- READY IN
- 7 Hr
What You'll Need:
cup chopped onions
- 1 (2-1/2- to 3-1/2-pound) bottom round roast
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 hard corn taco shells
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2
cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
What To Do:
- Place onion in a 4-quart slow cooker, then roast on top.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper; mix well and pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on high setting 7 to 8 hours, or until meat pulls apart with a fork. Turn off slow cooker and shred beef by pulling apart with 2 forks. Stir beef mixture and allow to sit 5 minutes.
- Fill taco shells with a layer of beef, then evenly distribute lettuce, tomato, cheese, and top each with a dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately.
Slow cookers really do save time and cut down on the stress of what to make for dinner. We've got lots of slow cooker recipes on our website, but here's one we make often -- Cola Pot Roast.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES