Traditional German Potato Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's so convenient to make Traditional German Potato Salad in the slow cooker. Just set your cooker to slow simmer everything well ahead of when company is due. Then, if you'd like, make some hard-cooked eggs and serve 'em sliced over this classic warm potato salad.
What You'll Need:
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 (20-ounce) packages refrigerated potato wedges
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups cider vinegar
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
What To Do:
- Place onions in a 6- to 7-quart slow cooker. Place potatoes on top of onions.
- Stir together flour and next 5 ingredients in a large saucepan. Gradually whisk water and vinegar into flour mixture, stirring well with whisk. Cook, whisking constantly, over medium-high heat until slightly thickened; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 6-1/2 hours. Sprinkle with bacon, and serve warm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like your ribs extra-meaty, then you're going to love these flavorful, Saucy Country-Style Ribs. Country-style ribs are more like a pork chop than a rib, making them meatier and less fatty. Now the question is, will you eat these with a fork or your fingers?
- Slow Cooked Meat Loaf and Potatoes
- Stress-Free Tacos
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- Hillbilly Baked Beans
- Hungarian Goulash
- Slow Cooked Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- Grandma's Creamy Ham & Potato Casserole
- Slow Cookin' Magic: 28 Scrumptious Slow Cooker Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook