Traditional German Potato Salad
It's so convenient to make Traditional German Potato Salad in the slow cooker. Just set your cooker to slow simmer everything well ahead of when company is due. Then, if you'd like, make some hard-cooked eggs and serve 'em sliced over this classic warm potato salad.
What You'll Need:
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 (20-ounce) packages refrigerated potato wedges
cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2
teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/4
cups cider vinegar
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
What To Do:
- Place onions in a 6- to 7-quart slow cooker. Place potatoes on top of onions.
- Stir together flour and next 5 ingredients in a large saucepan. Gradually whisk water and vinegar into flour mixture, stirring well with whisk. Cook, whisking constantly, over medium-high heat until slightly thickened; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 6-1/2 hours. Sprinkle with bacon, and serve warm.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
01 23 14