Traditional German Potato Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's so convenient to make Traditional German Potato Salad in the slow cooker. Just set your cooker to slow simmer everything well ahead of when company is due. Then, if you'd like, make some hard-cooked eggs and serve 'em sliced over this classic warm potato salad.
What You'll Need:
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 (20-ounce) packages refrigerated potato wedges
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups cider vinegar
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
What To Do:
- Place onions in a 6- to 7-quart slow cooker. Place potatoes on top of onions.
- Stir together flour and next 5 ingredients in a large saucepan. Gradually whisk water and vinegar into flour mixture, stirring well with whisk. Cook, whisking constantly, over medium-high heat until slightly thickened; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 6-1/2 hours. Sprinkle with bacon, and serve warm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Brunch will never be the same once you've tried our recipe for Eggs Benedict Casserole. This make-ahead take on a classic breakfast recipe will impress everyone. From the moment it's set on the table, to the moment they clear their plates they'll be showering you with compliments!