Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Think you're too busy to make homemade Baked Ziti? Not if you make this easy and delicious slow cooker version shared with us by the Crockin' Girls when they paid a visit to our Test Kitchen!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4 pounds Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) box uncooked ziti pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped parsley
What To Do:
Coat a 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
Rinse uncooked pasta, drain and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, onion, and garlic 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned; drain and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg whites, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and oregano; mix well.
In the slow cooker, layer 2 cups sauce, half the sausage mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, half the ziti, and half the ricotta mixture; repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese and parsley on top.
- Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours, or until pasta is tender.
Recipe Courtesy of: "The Crockin' Girls: Slow Cookin' Companion" cookbook.
The Crockin' Girls slow cooker Triple Chocolate Mess is a sinfully delicious way to top off this tasty meal!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Grandma's Creamy Ham & Potato Casserole
- Hillbilly Baked Beans
- Slow Cooked Meat Loaf and Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- Hungarian Goulash
- Slow Cooked Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- Stress-Free Tacos
- Slow Cookin' Magic: 28 Scrumptious Slow Cooker Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas