Chinese Egg Drop Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 cups
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
This soup is the way to go if you're looking to fool your guests into thinking you've gotten this delicious Chinese Egg Drop Soup right from the kitchen of your favorite Chinese restaurant! This soup is delish and it tastes so authentic you'll have everyone tricked!
What You'll Need:
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh snow pea pods
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts (optional)
What To Do:
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Gradually drizzle beaten eggs into soup, stirring well.
- Stir in mushrooms and remaining ingredients, including bean sprouts, if desired; reduce heat to low, and cook until thoroughly heated.
Here's my quick version of the trademark soup many Chinese restaurants serve. The trick to getting the lacy strands of egg is to drizzle the beaten eggs into the hot broth in a thin stream, stirring the soup constantly.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
BBQ sauce and smoked paprika are the key ingredients to making this chili recipe taste extra-smokin' good. Not only is our Smokin' BBQ Chili recipe flavor-packed and delicious, but it's made in just one pot, so it's extra-easy to clean up, too!