Chinese Egg Drop Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This soup is the way to go if you're looking to fool your guests into thinking you've gotten this delicious Chinese Egg Drop Soup right from the kitchen of your favorite Chinese restaurant! This soup is delish and it tastes so authentic you'll have everyone tricked!
What You'll Need:
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh snow pea pods
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts (optional)
What To Do:
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Gradually drizzle beaten eggs into soup, stirring well.
- Stir in mushrooms and remaining ingredients, including bean sprouts, if desired; reduce heat to low, and cook until thoroughly heated.
Here's my quick version of the trademark soup many Chinese restaurants serve. The trick to getting the lacy strands of egg is to drizzle the beaten eggs into the hot broth in a thin stream, stirring the soup constantly.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for an even easier way to enjoy stuffed peppers, look no further than this Stuffed Peppers Casserole. It's got everything you love about stuffed peppers, but in the form of a hearty casserole! That means no hassle whatsoever - just lots of yummy eating!