Old Fashioned Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
Relax as our Old Fashioned Potato Soup simmers stovetop, and look forward to the thick, rich-tasting result that is as wonderful as the original, but uses a today shortcut to make it even easier.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 4 cups large-diced potatoes (about 2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup potato flakes
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, brown the onion in the butter. Add the potatoes, carrot, water, salt, pepper and dillweed.
- Cook on low until potatoes are creamy, about 45 minutes. Stir in the milk and parsley and continue cooking until mixture is heated through. Stir in the potato flakes.
If you'd like, add frozen peas or broccoli at the milk stage.
Did you know? This recipe was one of best-loved recipes of 2012! Click here to find out what else made the list.
- If you're looking for more cozy soup recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bake up a little bit of fall flavor with our recipe for Upside Down Pear Cake. This cake is beautiful enough to serve for any special occasion, and easy enough to make when you've got cravings for fall favorites. It's got an ooey-gooey and crunchy topping that's unbelievably good!