Creamed Collard Greens
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's loads of good old-fashioned Southern comfort in these Creamed Collard Greens that are perfect for the holidays and all year 'round.
What You'll Need:
- 3 pounds collard greens, stems trimmed and leaves chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a soup pot or Dutch oven, bring 2 quarts water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil over high heat. Add collard greens, and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain, then run under cold water for 1 to 2 minutes. Place on paper towels and lightly pat dry; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Add cream, remaining salt, and pepper, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Stir in greens and continue cooking until heated through.
Garnish with crumbled bacon.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know a dessert bar is going to be great when you start off with a base of crumbled sugar cookies! Our Creamy Crumbly Blackberry Bars are made with fresh blackberries and fluffy cream cheese, which makes them the perfect summer potluck dessert.
- Fried Cabbage
- Mexican Street Corn
- Orzo Stuffed Peppers
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters
- Corn Bake Off
- No-Bake Baked Beans
- Bow Tie Vegetable Salad
- Creamed Cabbage
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More