We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Save the jack-o'-lantern pumpkins for decorating your house, and make sure to pick up some pie pumpkins that are perfect for cooking and baking. Sauteed Pumpkin is a tasty autumn veggie treat that's sure to become an autumn tradition.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pie pumpkin (about 1-1/2 pounds), seeded, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks (see Tips)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pumpkin, and stir to coat well. Cover skillet and cook until pumpkin softens, mixing occasionally.
- Uncover skillet and saute 15 minutes, or until golden and fork-tender.
- Season with salt and pepper then drizzle with maple syrup. Serve warm.
Selecting a Pumpkin: Choose a brightly colored pumpkin that is heavy for its size. It should have a thick, hard shell with no soft spots, blemishes, bruises, or cuts.
Pumpkin Preparation Tips: For this recipe, you should only use fresh pumpkins that have not been carved or used as decoration. Cover your cutting surface with a cloth to prevent the pumpkin from slipping. Using a sharp, heavy knife, insert the tip of the knife into the pumpkin and cut it in half. Clean by removing the seeds and strings with a spoon then peel with a vegetable peeler or pairing knife, and proceed as directed above.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Brunch will never be the same once you've tried our recipe for Eggs Benedict Casserole. This make-ahead take on a classic breakfast recipe will impress everyone. From the moment it's set on the table, to the moment they clear their plates they'll be showering you with compliments!
- Best Broccoli Salad
- Zucchini Squares
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 26 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Fried Cabbage
- Amazing Asparagus Quiche
- Spring Veggie Fever: 25 Mouthwatering Spring Vegetable Recipes
- Carrot Bake
- Simple Roasted Asparagus
- Amish Broccoli Bake