Brown Sugar Brownies
You can't go wrong with this recipe for Brown Sugar Brownies. If you under-bake them, they're chewy. If you over-bake them, they're more cakey. Either way, these brownies without chocolate are worth celebrating.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat well an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream softened butter; add brown sugar and eggs. Mix thoroughly then add flour and baking powder; blend. Stir in vanilla and nuts then pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in pan then cut into squares and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- Hungry for more? Check out this recipe for Upside-Down Banana Bread that's made with brown sugar too!