Upside-Down Banana Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We had a little fun in the Test Kitchen and turned your favorite banana bread upside-down! Our Upside-Down Banana Bread is great as-is or served with some vanilla ice cream. Just be warned, no matter how you decide to eat it, it'll be hard to stop at just one piece!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 7 ripe bananas, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly in baking dish and drizzle with butter. Slice 3 bananas in half lengthwise, then cut each of them in half. Layer banana slices cut-side up in baking dish over brown sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash remaining 4 bananas. Add eggs, oil, water, vanilla, and sugar; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Spread batter evenly over bananas.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let sit 5 minutes, then invert onto platter. Serve warm.
Just a Suggestion!
- We think this recipe is great when slight heated and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.