You love Layered Brownies from the bakery. Now with this easy chocolate brownie recipe, you bake them at home for a guaranteed dessert hit!
What You'll Need
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoon butter
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat unsweetened chocolate and 3/4 cup butter in microwave on high for 2 minutes (or melt in a saucepan on stove over low heat), just until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in granulated sugar then mix in the beaten eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour and peanuts then spread into a baking dish. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs; do not overbake. Cool in pan.
- Meanwhile, to make peanut butter layer, combine peanut butter and confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl until well blended and smooth. Spread over cooled brownies.
- Then, to make the glaze, place 4 squares of semisweet chocolate, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat mixture in microwave on high for 2 minutes (or melt in a saucepan on stove over low heat), just until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread over peanut butter layer. Cool until set then cut into squares.
Are you a chocolate fan? Then we think you're going to love the chocolate dessert recipes featured in our free eCookbook, Death by Chocolate: Dessert Heaven with 30 of Our Best Chocolate Recipes.