Layered Strawberry Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for an easy cake recipe that would work well as a showstopping centerpiece, you've found it! Our Layered Strawberry Cake is a cinch to whip up and it's pretty enough to earn lots of "oohs" and "aahs."
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-1/4-ounce) package butter recipe golden cake mix
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves, divided
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced, plus extra for garnish (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed, beat cake mix, buttermilk, butter, and eggs until cake mix is moistened. Beat at medium speed 4 minutes. Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans. Brush top of each layer with 2 tablespoons preserves. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat remaining preserves with whipping cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate. Arrange half the strawberries over layer; top with half of whipped cream mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining layer, strawberries, and whipped cream mixture. Garnish with extra strawberries, if desired.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!