Cowboy Chicken Casserole
What do cowboys like to chow down on? Hearty meals that are easy to make. That's why we came up with our Cowboy Chicken Casserole. This hearty chicken casserole recipe is sure to be a hit as the cowboys in your life mosey on in from the trail. Our Cowboy Chicken Casserole will always bring them back home.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-1/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (2-1/4-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup sliced scallions
- 2 cup (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine soup, tomatoes, corn, black olives, chili powder, cumin, and salt; mix well.
- Line bottom of prepared baking dish with half the tortilla strips. Sprinkle half the chicken over the tortilla strips. Top with half the soup mixture, half the scallions, and half the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and the cheese is melted.
Check This Out!
- For more amazingly good cowboy recipes, check out our yummy Cowboy Ribs, or our Cowboy Cookies!
- We've got tons of fantastic casserole recipes that we know you're going to love! Try our Classic Amish Casserole Recipes for recipes with a touch of wholesome flavor.
- Looking for more hearty recipes? How about one of our Favorite Ground Beef Casseroles? The whole family will perk up when one of these comes out of the oven.
- When you need a fast weeknight dinner, one of these Quick and Easy One Pot Meals will do the trick!