Easy Butter Chicken
If you like meals that are bursting with flavor, then you're going to love this Indian-inspired dish. Our Easy Butter Chicken is going to excite your taste buds. Every bite is full of creamy, comforting goodness. This is a great change-of-pace chicken dinner!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, divided
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 3 teaspoon garam masala, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cup cooked white rice, warmed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt 1/2 stick butter. Add onion and cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and continue to cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until onions are golden.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat, melt remaining 1 stick butter. Add tomato sauce, heavy cream, 2 teaspoons garam masala, the turmeric, salt, and cayenne pepper; bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low, and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with oil and remaining 1 teaspoon garam masala, and place on baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Stir onion and chicken into sauce mixture and simmer 5 minutes. Serve butter chicken over hot rice.