Shortcut Tandoori Chicken Skewers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
You won't need a special oven to cook up this popular Indian dish! Our recipe for Shortcut Tandoori Chicken Skewers has all of your favorite, traditional spices, which makes them a great party appetizer or anytime meal. (Wait till you try 'em with our yogurt-mint dipping sauce!)
What You'll Need
- 6 (6- to 8-inch) skewers
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch chunks
What to Do
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken; mix well.
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag; add marinade, seal, and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Divide chicken chunks evenly onto skewers; discard marinade.
- In a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until no pink remains.
- Try serving these chicken skewers with our Yogurt-Mint Dipping Sauce. It's easy...in a bowl, combine 1/2 cup grated cucumber, 1 cup plain yogurt, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- If you prefer, you can bake these in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until no pink remains.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.