Texas Broccoli and Rice Casserole
They say everything's bigger in Texas, which must be why this casserole is so big on taste! Our Texas Broccoli and Rice Casserole is creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-easy. It's perfect alongside anything from Texas brisket to your favorite chicken dinner!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cup cooked rice
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; saute celery and onion 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix in remaining ingredients then place the mixture in baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
- If you're looking for more Texas-inspired recipes, check out our collection of Easy Texas Recipes!
- Did You Know?: Texas is one of the highest-producing rice-growing states in the country. The state has been growing rice for over a century!