Grandma Irma's Red Cabbage
Grandma Irma's Red Cabbage packs a flavorful and crunchy punch. This taste bud-pleasing side dish cooks up easily in a slow cooker, and goes with just about any main dish you want to pair it with!
What You'll Need
- 1 red cabbage, shredded (about 2-3/4 pounds)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
What to Do
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 3-1/2 hours, or until liquid is absorbed and cabbage is tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.
Using a slow cooker makes cooking vegetables a snap! Your gang is also sure to love our recipe for Creamy Corn for a Crowd!