Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups white cabbage, finely chopped or grated
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except oil; mix well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable oil. Drop heaping tablespoons of batter into skillet; be sure not to overcrowd. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined platter; repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The "butter tart" is considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts, and with good reason! All it takes is just one bite to understand what makes these so special. The pastry is super flaky, the filling is butter-rich, and together...they're amazing! Our recipe for Canada Tarts is one you'll want to add to your recipe box!