Crunchy Zucchini Strips
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 48 zucchini strips
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
We've all had fried eggplant, and now it's time zucchini had a turn. Don't take our word for it...whip up some of these Crunchy Zucchini Strips today!
What You'll Need:
- 3 medium-sized zucchini (about 1 pound total)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups vegetable oil
What To Do:
- Cut each zucchini in half crosswise then cut each half lengthwise into french fry-like strips. Place zucchini in a medium bowl and sprinkle with salt; toss to evenly coat.
- Place flour and bread crumbs each in a separate shallow dish. In another shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and milk. Coat each zucchini strip in flour then dip in egg mixture and coat completely with bread crumbs; set aside on a platter.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Fry zucchini strips a few at a time for 3 to 4 minutes, until golden on all sides, turning frequently. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
If you cook your zucchini strips in a tabletop deep fryer, they come out really crisp and golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.