Country Sweet Potato Muffins
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Move over blueberry and cranberry muffins! Country Sweet Potato Muffins are making a name for themselves. These muffins have the comforting tastes of a pumpkin pie with a hearty yet delicate, moist texture.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, divided
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes or yams, drained and mashed
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup oats, 1 cup flour, the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix well.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes, 3/4 cup brown sugar, the oil, milk, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla; mix until well moistened. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and the butter; mix well and sprinkle over batter. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm, or allow to cool before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.