Country Sweet Potato Muffins
Move over blueberry and cranberry muffins! There's a new muffin making a name for itself. These country-style sweet potato muffins have the comforting tastes of a pumpkin pie with a hearty yet delicate, moist texture.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4
cups old-fashioned rolled oats, divided
- 1 1/4
cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes or yams, drained and mashed
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar, divided
cup vegetable oil
cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup oats, 1 cup flour, the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix well.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes, 3/4 cup brown sugar, the oil, milk, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla; mix until well moistened. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and the butter; mix well and sprinkle over batter. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm, or allow to cool before serving.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES