Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Sweet Potato Pancakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A platter of crispy sweet potato pancakes is always welcome for holiday entertaining. This healthy pancake recipe is our twist on the spuds, making great use of sweet potatoes as a tasty alternative. We especially love this recipe as the weather starts to get chilly, but don't be afraid to make these tasty bites any time of the year!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
What To Do:
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except oil; mix well. Form into 8 pancakes.
- In a large deep skillet, heat about 1/4 inch of oil over medium-high heat. Place half the pancakes in the oil, without crowding skillet, and fry 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden. (If you like them crisper, fry until they're flecked with brown.) Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with remaining pancakes, and serve hot.
- For an extra-special treat, serve these sweet potato pancakes drizzled with maple syrup. And if you're looking for more of our great sweet potato recipes, check out our free collection of 8 Sweet Potato Casseroles and Other Sweet Potato Recipes.
- Our test kitchen finds shredding in a food processor is the easiest way -- you can even shred the onion at the same time.
- Wanna serve regular Potato Pancakes but don't have time to do all the work? Click here for our simple (and simply delicious!) version.
- If you enjoyed this sweet potato pancakes recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Perfectly Easy Pancakes or our collection of 14 of the Best Vegetable and Potato Pancakes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know your guests already love spinach dip, so how about serving it up to them in a whole new way with this easy, no-cook appetizer recipe? Our Spinach Dip Rollups are so creamy, and the bacon bits really pump up their flavor. Just wait till ya see how fast they'll make 'em disappear!