All American Pudding Cake
Hooray for the red, white and blue! Our All American Pudding Cake will surely earn you your baking stars and stripes! This scrumptious homemade poke cake filled with creamy pudding is a delight for your senses!
What You'll Need:
1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
25 drops red food coloring
25 drops blue food coloring
1 (4-serving-size) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Red, white, and blue sprinkles for garnish
What To Do:
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for 2 (8-inch) round cake pans.
- Divide batter evenly between 2 bowls. Stir red food coloring into one bowl of batter, and blue food coloring into second bowl. Pour each bowl of cake batter into an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Bake according to package directions; let cool 15 minutes. Using a straw or wooden spoon handle, poke about 15 holes randomly in each cake layer.
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; whisk just until pudding starts to thicken. (Pudding should be pourable.) Slowly pour pudding into holes of both cake layers. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving platter and frost with whipped topping. Place second cake layer on top and frost top and sides with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with sprinkles and refrigerate until ready to serve.