All-American Pudding Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 30 Min
Hooray for the red, white, and blue! Our All-American Pudding Cake will surely earn you your baking stars and stripes! This scrumptious homemade poke cake, filled with creamy pudding, is a delight for your senses!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 25 drops red food coloring
- 25 drops blue food coloring
- 1 (4-serving-size) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles for garnish
What To Do:
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for 2 (8-inch) round cake pans.
- Divide batter evenly between 2 bowls. Stir red food coloring into one bowl of batter, and blue food coloring into second bowl. Pour each bowl of cake batter into an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Bake according to package directions; let cool 15 minutes. Using a straw or wooden spoon handle, poke about 15 holes randomly in each cake layer.
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; whisk just until pudding starts to thicken. (Pudding should be pourable.) Slowly pour pudding into holes of both cake layers. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving platter and frost with whipped topping. Place second cake layer on top and frost top and sides with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with sprinkles and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Make room burritos, 'cause there's a new contender in town, and they're going by the name of Tex-Mex Hand Pies! These creamy hand pies are stuffed full of Tex-Mex favorites like salsa, chicken and lots of creamy cheese. You're going to wish you had more hands.