Lemon Meringue Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're a fan of Lemon Meringue Pie, then you'll love our Lemon Meringue Cake recipe. Yes, we put a yummy, toasted meringue topping on a lemon sheet cake! It's a lemon dessert that's sure to impress everyone when you serve 'em a slice.
What You'll Need:
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package lemon cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Stir lemon peel into cake batter then pour batter into prepared baking dish.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of comes comes out clean.
In a medium bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar until stiff peaks form. Spoon mixture over cake, spreading to completely cover cake. Form lots of peaks and valleys with a spatula to create a tempting-looking meringue.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until meringue is golden. Let cool, then slice and serve.
- This Lemon Meringue Cake can also be made as two 9-inch round cakes. Just pour the batter into two cake pans, then spread the top of each with the egg-white mixture.
- We love the bright flavor that lemon adds to cake. If you do too, then you have to check out our collection, 10 Sunny Lemon Cake Recipes!
- Our Lemon Meringue Cake really "takes the cake", but so do the other desserts in our collection of Lovely Lemon Dessert Recipes, like these simple Lemon Refrigerator Bites.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.