Lemon Meringue Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What You'll Need:
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package lemon cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Stir lemon peel into cake batter then pour batter into prepared baking dish.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of comes comes out clean.
In a medium bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar until stiff peaks form. Spoon mixture over cake, spreading to completely cover cake. Form lots of peaks and valleys with a spatula to create a tempting-looking meringue.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until meringue is golden. Let cool, then slice and serve.
- This Lemon Meringue Cake can also be made as two 9-inch round cakes. Just pour the batter into two cake pans, then spread the top of each with the egg-white mixture.
- We love the bright flavor that lemon adds to cake. If you do too, then you have to check out our collection, 10 Sunny Lemon Cake Recipes!
- Our Lemon Meringue Cake really "takes the cake", but for another yummy lemon meringue variation try our Lemon Meringue Cookies or these simple Lemon Refrigerator Bites.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who says pie has to be served on a plate? Try this whimsical way and get ready for all sorts of praise! Our Key Lime Pie in a Jar is citrusy, creamy, and downright delicious You might want to make a bunch of 'em 'cause they're super portable, practical, and perfect for setting out at parties.
- Mary Todd Lincoln's Presidential Cake
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Cold Fudge Cake
- Sky High German Chocolate Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 17 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- The Best Carrot Cake Ever
- Old Fashioned Southern Chocolate Cake
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- Hawaiian Poke Cake
- Apple Coffee Cake