Black Forest Cake Roll
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 10 Min
Who wants plain old chocolate cake when we can have a Bavarian-style fruit-filled cake roll with the same amount of work? We'll serve this and the whole table will be chanting "Ach Das Schmeckt!", which, of course, means "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons mini semisweet chocolate chips
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet or jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs and sugar. Gradually beat in water and vanilla until well blended. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture just until smooth. Pour onto baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Sprinkle a clean kitchen towel with confectioners' sugar and invert the cake onto towel. While still hot, peel off aluminum foil and roll up cake and towel jelly-roll style starting from a narrow end. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake and remove towel. Spread cherry pie filling over top of cake, leaving a 1-inch border, and roll it up again. Place on a serving platter, frost with whipped topping, and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cover loosely and chill at least 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Top 15 Recipes with Cherries!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whip up our easy Icebox Salad the next time you've got company coming over and get ready to take in all the "oohs" and "aahs." This make-ahead, layered salad is both pretty and delicious. It's the all-American, hearty salad that everyone grew up eating, but in a party-size form!