We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a unique cake to make for a kids' party? When you present this fun caterpillar cake, it's gonna be time to celebrate a birthday or ANY day!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18-1/4-ounce) package white cake mix, battered prepared according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons rainbow colored sprinkles
- 2 (16-ounce) cans vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon green food color
- 1 Snowball (coconut- and marshmallow-covered chocolate cake)
- 4 small gumdrops (2 yellow and 2 purple)
- 2 small pretzel sticks
- 1 large red gumdrop
- 7 pieces candy corn
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, separated into halves
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Add sprinkles to prepared batter; stir quickly then pour into Bundt pan and bake according to package directions. Allow to cool slightly then remove to a wire rack, and allow to cool completely.
- Cut cake into three equal pieces. In a medium bowl, combine frosting and food color; mix well. Place cake pieces flat-side down on a serving plate. Connect cut edges with colored frosting to form an "S" shape.
- Frost the cake. Then, if desired, give it a textured look by dragging the back of a spoon back and forth over the top of the cake, making ridges.
- Press the Snowball onto one end of the cake to form a head. Stick one purple gumdrop on the end of each pretzel stick and stick them into the top of the head as antennae. Secure the yellow gumdrop eyes to the head with toothpicks. Slice the red gumdrop in half horizontally then in half vertically. Secure one piece of the red gumdrop with a toothpick to form the mouth (eat or discard the remaining red gumdrop pieces).
- Press large ends of candy corn into frosting just behind the head to form the ruff around the head. Place peanuts in clusters of three along both sides of caterpillar cake to form feet. Serve.
Crush some chocolate graham crackers and spread them on the platter around the cake to make it look like your "caterpillar" is crawling in soil!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.