Lemon Chiffon Angel Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This lighter-than-air Lemon Chiffon Angel Cake features a tangy surprise filling right at its center. It's a guiltless treat that's perfect for summer or anytime of the year.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10-inch) prepared angel food cake
- 1 1/2 cups lemon curd, with 3 tablespoons reserved for topping (about 14 ounces)
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What To Do:
- Place cake on a serving plate. Cut a 1-inch horizontal layer off top of cake. Without cutting through bottom of cake, make a vertical cut 1/2 inch from outside edge of cake all the way around cake. Make another vertical cut (parallel to first cut) 1/2 inch from inside edge of cake all around cake. Gently remove cake between 2 cuts, forming a trench, and reserve removed cake for another use. Be careful not to tear bottom of cake.
- Spoon lemon curd into hollowed out cake and replace top layer.
- In a medium bowl, mix whipped topping and reserved lemon curd until smooth. Frost cake and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with raspberries and fresh mint.
- For another cool and refreshing dessert option, check out our Minty Ice Cream Pie!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an appetizer that's guaranteed to win you rave reviews...one dip at a time. Our Bread Bowl Fondue is a modern day twist on fondue that's always a hit. When you serve this all-in-one, fun-do, fondue in the bread bowl, you better stand back, or you might get trampled!