Lemon Chiffon Angel Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This lighter-than-air Lemon Chiffon Angel Cake features a tangy surprise filling right at its center. It's a guiltless treat that's perfect for summer or anytime of the year.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10-inch) prepared angel food cake
- 1 1/2 cups lemon curd, with 3 tablespoons reserved for topping (about 14 ounces)
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What To Do:
- Place cake on a serving plate. Cut a 1-inch horizontal layer off top of cake. Without cutting through bottom of cake, make a vertical cut 1/2 inch from outside edge of cake all the way around cake. Make another vertical cut (parallel to first cut) 1/2 inch from inside edge of cake all around cake. Gently remove cake between 2 cuts, forming a trench, and reserve removed cake for another use. Be careful not to tear bottom of cake.
- Spoon lemon curd into hollowed out cake and replace top layer.
- In a medium bowl, mix whipped topping and reserved lemon curd until smooth. Frost cake and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with raspberries and fresh mint.
- For another cool and refreshing dessert option, check out our Minty Ice Cream Pie!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This dessert is sure to create a lot of "buzz" with your gang! Our German Bee Sting cake is based on the traditional German "Bienenstich," which is basically a honey-glazed cake with a layer of creamy vanilla custard. One bite and you'll understand what makes this cake so buzz-worthy.
- Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake
- Caramel Pecan Poke Cake
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Fudgy Pistachio Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 17 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Cold Fudge Cake
- 33 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Cake
- Apple-Filled Pound Cake